designating any book bound in a relatively stiff cover, as of cloth-covered cardboard
a hardcover book
Having a rigid binding, as of cardboard covered with cloth or with leather. Used of books.
A hardcover book.
- (of a book) Having a rigid binding.
- Although Faded Giant's database includes books that are antique, rare or collectible, the majority of the books listed are modern hardcover first editions with a minimum value of $20.
- The prize for the contest is a publishing contract for a hardcover and paperback edition of the novel, $1,500 in cash and a $7,500 advance against royalties.
- 'Borders': When you sign up for a Borders Reward Card, you get email offers, forty percent off of hardcover bestsellers, and $5.00 in Borders Bucks for every $150.00 you spend online or in the store (some restrictions may apply).
- Posteratiti has an excellent collection, too, of poster-theme paperback and hardcover books including great cowboys, Academy Award winners, horror films and even posters that hail from the days of drive-in movies.
- The 192-page hardcover book publication addresses the importance of fitness and points to evidence that shows individuals can reduce their risk of chronic disease by adopting a healthier lifestyle.