- directly connected to a computer: a hard-wired terminal
- designating or of a computer device with permanently wired circuitry for performing certain tasks
- biologically or genetically predetermined, rather than resulting from the effects of experience or environment
(comparative more hardwired, superlative most hardwired)
- (electronics) Designed to perform a specific task.
- (electronic communications) Of devices, closely or tightly coupled.
- (computing) Having a fixed placement (on a screen format for example.)
- Not changeable.
- In humans and animals, genetically determined, instinctive behavior, as opposed to learned behavior.
(comparative more hard-wired, superlative most hard-wired)
- Alternative spelling of hardwired.