- Capable of leading to physiological or psychological dependence: a habit-forming drug.
- Tending to become habitual: The taste of success can be habit-forming.
habit-forming - Medical Definition
Capable of leading to physiological or psychological dependence: a habit-forming drug.
- Because they can be both physically and mentally habit-forming, they should be used only with medical supervision.
- This drug can be habit-forming even if taken in small doses for a short period of time.
- Hydrocodone is the habit-forming part of the drug mix in Vicodin.
- In addition, some medications may be habit-forming.