An example of a foodie is someone who knows all the new food trends.
food + -ie. According to Wikipedia, the word was coined in 1984 by Paul Levy and Ann Barr for their book, The Official Foodie Handbook. However, Levy credits New York food critic Gael Greene with the coinage. The word was used by Greene in a 1980 article in New York Magazine.
- Whether you are a fan of sweets, frequently crave exotic sauces and marinades, or are just looking for an impressive gift for your favorite foodie, Balducci's should be the first stop on your list.
- Even if you're not a gourmet cook you can also find great gift ideas for the foodie in your life, from coffee baskets to spice collections to cheesecake gifts.
- With just a little effort, you can fill that jar or bottle with home made goodness and turn it into a heart felt gift any foodie would cherish.
- In addition to Internet websites and raw foodie communities, there are a number of books and other guides that can help you along the way.
- If you are a "foodie," but aren't sure about buying food machinery, read on for great buying tips that any fledgling chef can use.