- a carved figure on the bow of a ship
- a person put in a position of leadership because of name, rank, etc., but having no real power, authority, or responsibility
- A carved figure on the prow of a ship.
- A person given a position of nominal leadership but having no actual authority.
on the German bark
- Because Sisko is regularly contacted by these aliens, he is unwillingly given the title of Emissary, a religious figurehead position he uncomfortably accepts.As the seasons progress, more information about the gamma quadrant is learned.
- The drum major is more than just a figurehead.
- When the truth was discovered, a revolution in heaven occurred; God is now a doddering figurehead and another angel reigns.
- She is the figurehead, relying on her popularity to aid in the marketing of the perfume.
- They were not so contemptible at the time, because England and Ireland were full of adventurers who were ready to back any cause, and who looked on the king of the moment as no more than a successful member of their own classa base-born Welshman who had been lucky enough to become the figurehead of the movement that had overturned an unpopular usurper.