- free to fall in love; not married, engaged, etc.
- free from worry; carefree
- Having no commitments or restrictions; carefree.
- Not in love or married; unattached.
- Teens are notorious for feeling a little footloose and fancy-free when they attend a party at someone else's home, so be clear about any expectations and limitations.
- In Star Trek: the Original Series, members of Star Fleet that served aboard the Enterprise were footloose and fancy-free singles.
- Pajamas are made to be more casual and fancy-free - often the tops display a message or an image for added sass.