An example of an explorer is Sir Ernest Shackleton, the Antarctica explorer.
- One that explores, especially one that explores a geographic area.
- An implement or a tool used for exploring; a probe.
explore + -er.
explorer - Computer Definition
The user interface in Windows starting with Windows 95. It includes the Start menu, Taskbar, desktop and file manager. For most users, the term refers only to the file manager component, called "Windows Explorer" or "File Explorer," which is used to display the folder hierarchies on the drives and copy, rename and delete files and folders (see Win Explorer). See EXPLORER.EXE and file manager.
- Cynthia was still sleeping when a speeding Ford Explorer passed them and Dean caught sight of Donald Ryland, with his son Donnie sitting beside him.
- In 1871-1873 the great Russian explorer, Nicolai Prjevalsky, crossed the Gobi desert from the north to Kansu in western China.
- These take their name from the explorer Vitus Bering.
- For days consecutively the horse of the explorer can get no other food than the dwarf birch.
- Another scientific explorer, W.