- Ed is defined as education.
An example of ed is driver’s ed.
- ED is defined as an abbreviation for erectile dysfunction.
An example of ED is a medical issue a patient may have for which they are prescribed the drug Viagra.
- edited (by)
- Department of Education
- erectile dysfunction
Origin of -edas ending of past tense from Middle English from Old English -ede, -ode, -ade, -de; as ending of past participles and analogous forms from Middle English from Old English -ed, -od, -ad forming the past tense of weak verbs: walked, wanted
Origin of -ed< OE -ede
- forming the past participle of weak verbs
- forming analogous adjectives from nouns and verbs and from adjectives ending in -ate: cultured people, measured cadences; echinated
- forming adjectives from nouns that is provided with or characterized by: bearded, diseased
- effective dose
- election district
- erectile dysfunction
Origin of -edMiddle English -ede from Old English -ade, -ede, -ode
Origin of -edMiddle English from Old English -ad, -ed, -od
Origin of -edMiddle English -ede, -de from Old English -ed, -od
- Abbreviation of Edinburgh.
- (titular) Abbreviation of Editor.
From Middle English ed-, from Old English ed- (“again, re-”), from Proto-Germanic *idi-, *idi, *ida (“back, backwards, again”), from Proto-Indo-European *et, *at (“and, but”). Cognate with German dialectal it- (“again, back”), Icelandic ið- (“again, back”), Gothic [script?] (id-, “again, back”), Welsh ad-, ed- (“again, back”), Latin et (“and”), Latin at (“but, moreover”).
ed - Computer Definition
(1) (Enhanced Definition) See EDTV.
(2) (ed) (EDitor) A Unix line-oriented text editor written by Ken Thompson in the early 1970s that continues to be included in most versions of Unix/Linux. Ed gleaned functions from the qed editor developed by the University of California at Berkeley. It was followed by the somewhat more user friendly ex (EXtended) editor. Ex added a full-screen, so-called "visual" capability that was subsequently incorporated into the vi editor (see vi).
(3) (ED) (Extra High Density) See super floppy.
- She opened the door and contained her curiosity until he led Ed inside.
- In high school and college, she played co-ed soccer and basketball.
- She watched as he saddled Ed again and shoved the rifle down into the boot.
- He helped her to the ground and then dismounted, leading Ed to the tree.
- Chicago, IL 60657(773) 327-7800harrycaraystavern.com Ed Debevic's At this '50s-style diner, while families dine on malts, burgers and fries, be prepared for a different kind of service.