The definition of dissimilar is things that are different.
If you are a spender and your husband is a saver, this is an example of a situation where you have dissimilar money habits.
dis- + similar
- Two more dissimilar pears hardly exist.
- There is comparatively little in the political institutions of Iowa dissimilar to those of other states of the Union; they show in recent years a tendency toward greater centralization - in boards, however, rather than in individual officers.
- In pleasing contrast to such pests are the butterflies of all sizes and colours, beetles of an inconceivable variety of size, shape and colouration, and ants of widely dissimilar appearance and habits.
- In a few species a sexual process is described, consisting in the conjugation of similar cells (Zygochytrium) or the union of two dissimilar ones (Polyphagus).
- Two dissimilar types are noticeable among the Rumans.