- a machine for washing dishes, cooking utensils, etc.
- a person, esp. an employee as of a restaurant, who washes dishes, etc.
- A person who washes dishes, especially one hired to wash dishes in a restaurant.
- A machine for washing dishes.
- Neither said anything while Dean began to clear the dishwasher from last evening's meal.
- Rinsing it, he placed it in the dishwasher and shut the door.
- Carmen cleaned off the table and loaded the dishes in the dishwasher before retiring to her new bedroom.
- She peeked into a sparkling kitchen with a dishwasher and range - and an overhead oven.
- Back in the kitchen, she loaded the dishwasher and put away leftovers.