This dart has hit the target dead on.
- An example of dead on is when you throw a dart right into the bulls-eye.
- An example of dead on is when you correctly predict who will win the World Series and by how much.
The definition of dead on is an expression that is exactly, 100 percent correct or on target.
Precisely accurate and to the point: a dead-on impersonation; played the scene dead-on.
- very accurate
- Her Sarah Palin impersonation is dead on!
- (idiomatic) exactly at
- The train arrived dead on 2 o'clock.
- His observance was not only dead-on, it was disturbing.