- the act of cultivating (in various senses)
- refinement, or culture
- a. The act of cultivating.b. The state of being cultivated.
- Refinement; culture.
(countable and uncountable, plural cultivations)
- The art or act of cultivating; improvement of land for or by agriculture
- The heavy cultivation of the hillside led to soil erosion.
- The state of being cultivated or used for agriculture
- These fields are in cultivation.
- Devotion of time or attention to the improvement of (something)
- His steadfast cultivation of their relationship finally bore fruit.
- Advancement or refinement in physical, intellectual, or moral condition
- She is a woman of great cultivation.
From French cultivation