- the Celtic language spoken in Cornwall until c. 1800, closely related to Breton and Welsh
- pl. Cor′nish
- any of a Brit. breed of chicken with meat of a particularly good quality
- any of a breed of miniature chicken crossbred from a Cornish chicken and a Plymouth Rock chickenpopularly called Cornish hen
- The Brittonic language of Cornwall, which has been extinct since the late 1700s.
- Any of an English breed of domestic chickens often crossbred to produce roasters.
Origin of CornishCorn(wall) -ish
- One of several decorative rings around the barrel of a cannon; the next ring from the muzzle backwards.
- (collectively) The inhabitants of Cornwall, especially native-born.