Origin of congratulationfrom Classical Latin congratulatio
The definition of congratulation is giving someone your good wishes for a happy event.
An example of congratulation is what you give when someone has a new baby.
- The act of expressing joy or acknowledgment, as for the achievement or good fortune of another.
- often congratulations An expression of such joy or acknowledgment: sent him my congratulations on winning the award.
Used to express such joy or acknowledgment: I heard you got a promotion. Congratulations!
- The act of congratulating.
- Congratulations on the birth of your lovely baby son.
- I offer my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to you both.
- He deserves congratulations for his fine piece of work.
- Flowers are a great way to send congratulations.
- All nature is your congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself.