The definition of confidently is doing something with assurance or fearlessness.
An example of confidently is a student in a spelling contest absolutely knowing they're able to spell the word given to them.
- I.): " Raise the sight, and if it keeps in line with a plumb bob, it can be as confidently relied upon as the line of metal, if the trunnions are horizontal.
- Finally it has become apparent that many problems hitherto left for political economy to solve belong more properly to the moralist, if not to the moral philosopher, and it may be confidently expected that with the increased complexity of social life and the disappearance of many sanctions of morality hitherto regarded as inviolable, the future will bring a renewed and practical 1 Cf.
- The possibility of miracles is often confidently denied.
- His opponents had confidently predicted that he would fail utterly in the House of Commons.
- Some French authorities confidently put forward a claim that Guillaume le Testu, of Provence, sighted the continent in 1531.