cane sugarcane sugar
Sucrose obtained from sugarcane.
- Sugar obtained from the sugarcane plant
- Dilute solutions of substances such as cane-sugar, as we have seen, give experimental values for the connected osmotic properties - pressure, freezing point and vapour pressure - in conformity with the theoretical values.
- The average yield per acre of cane-sugar is the greatest in the world, 30 to 40.tons of cane being an average per acre, and as much as rot tons of sugar having been produced from a single acre under irrigation.
- Frazer, who have made direct measurements of osmotic pressure of solution of cane-sugar, have also measured the freezing points of corresponding solutions.
- 1906, p. 481) succeeded in measuring osmotic pressures of cane-sugar, dextrose, &c., up to 135 atmospheres.
- Cane-sugar has the formula C12H22011.