- the skin of a buck
- a soft, usually napped, yellowish-gray leather made from the skins of deer or sheep
- a yellowish-gray horse
- [pl.] clothes or shoes made of buckskin
- [oftenB-] an American backwoodsman of earlier times
- a. The skin of a male deer.b. A soft, often grayish-yellow leather usually having a suede finish, once made from deerskins but now generally made from sheepskins.
- buckskins Clothing, especially breeches or shoes, made from buckskin.
- A person who wears buckskins, especially an American backwoodsman or soldier in the Revolutionary War.
- A horse of a grayish-yellow color.
(countable and uncountable, plural buckskins)
- Of a grayish yellow in colour.