The definition of a brand name is a name by which an item or service is known.
An example of a brand name is Kleenex, a common name for disposable facial tissues.
the name by which a certain brand or make of commodity is known; esp., the widely advertised name of a widely distributed product
A distinctive name identifying a product, service, or organization.
Having a widely known brand name and usually a good reputation: a brand-name hotel.
(plural brand names)
- A trade name.
- Alternative spelling of brand name.
brand name - Legal Definition
- The mall is home to over 100 outlet stores where much of the same merchandise available in other brand-name and high-end retail stores can be purchased at reduced prices.
- Advertised as having the largest inventory available of discounted brand-name fragrances, Perfume Outlet sells women's and men's perfumes, gifts, and body products.
- While the selection may not be as wide as a retail store, the prices will be far less and sometimes you can find brand-name pants and tops on the racks in excellent condition.
- With such a close proximity to Seattle, Washington and Canada, the outlet mall at Tulalip makes a great diversion to grab some discounts on popular brand-name clothing.
- If you prefer to purchase certain brand-name products, add those to your master list and be sure to look for coupons or sign-up online to receive them in the mail.