a one-piece, tightfitting garment that covers the torso, usually worn with slacks, a skirt, etc.
also body shirt
or body suit
- A tight-fitting one-piece garment for the torso.
- A similar garment that covers all or most of the body.
- A typical mascot costume comes with an oversized character mascot head with see-thru eye mesh, a furry bodysuit with attached tail and miniature brandy barrel, large paw-like mittens with hidden openings, and a pair of foot covers.
- However, if you are wearing your sheer bodysuit after hours, it may be appropriate to indulge yourself with coordinating accessories, such as a sheer and flirty robe or negligee, or even a pair of thigh high stockings.
- Such costumes may include a head piece, a bodysuit or outfit that is put over the dog's head and front legs, and possibly even items that attach to the dogs' four legs to give the illusion that shoes are being worn.
- Notable features of this bodysuit include the fact that the suit has no center seam, contains "surged edges" to help eliminate pinching, binding and the like, as well as a hook and eye closure.
- If you buy a body stocking in a fine black mesh, you can wear one in the boudoir, and then layer it underneath a mini and a top for a look that's similar to plain stockings and a bodysuit top.