The definition of biannual is something that occurs twice per year.
When a race is held in the spring and again in the fall, this is an example of a biannual race.
- Occurring twice each year; semiannual.
- Occurring every two years; biennial.
- Something occurring twice each year.
bi- + annual
- For example, many insurance plans will cover things like root canals and emergency surgery, but will forego paying for biannual checkups.
- If an entire family is without coverage, biannual dental and medical checkups can total in the thousands of dollars.