The definition of bereaved is a sadness, such as the loss of someone as a result of death.
An example of bereaved is a person whose mother has died.
grieving over the death of a relative or friend
the survivors of a person who has died recently
Suffering the loss of a loved one: the bereaved family.
nounused with a pl. verb
People who are bereaved: The bereaved were comforted by their friends.
(comparative more bereaved, superlative most bereaved)
- having suffered the death of a loved one
- bereaved relatives
- simple past tense and past participle of bereave
- Many bereaved parents may not be avid scrapbookers and just the word alone may be intimidating.
- Funeral home business partners can help bereaved families initiate this process with minimal complications, or if no business partner is available, interested individuals may contact the company directly about creating a memorial diamond.
- This transitional time makes it easier for the bereaved to focus on their feelings after a loss and helps prepare for going about their regular duties.
- If the bereaved family is still overwhelmed, you may want to create a kit for them.
- The site is full of unique and creative ways to memorialize a child's short life, including those a bereaved parent can participate in.