Of or relating to Belgium or its people or culture.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Belgium.b. A person of Belgian ancestry.
- A draft horse of a large breed developed in Belgium that is usually chestnut or sorrel.
- A person from Belgium or of Belgian descent.
(comparative more Belgian, superlative most Belgian)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Belgium or the Belgian people.
- The sudden invasion of Belgium by the Germans rendered a large part of the Belgian civilian population destitute, and on Oct.
- About three-fourths of the city's total street mileage (120 m.) is paved, Belgian block or macadam being used on the principal thoroughfares.
- 'The most important additions to the list of field crops were Italian rye-grass, winter beans, white Belgian carrot and alsike clover.
- PETER DENS (1690-1775), Belgian Roman Catholic theologian, was born at Boom near Antwerp. Most of his life was spent in the archiepiscopal college of Malines, where he was for twelve years reader in theology and for forty president.
- HASSELT, the capital of the Belgian province of Limburg.