(third-person singular simple present bats a thousand, present participle batting a thousand, simple past and past participle batted a thousand)
- (baseball) To reach first base on every at-bat.
- (idiomatic) To achieve success at each attempt.
- He's batting a thousand so far with the new boss.
- (idiomatic) To achieve perfection.
- No one can bat a thousand for the whole season.
- (idiomatic) To have identical outcomes on each attempt
From the practice of reckoning the batting average of a hitter in thousandths.