Origin of barretteFr, diminutive of barre, bar
A small clasp for holding the hair in place.
Origin of barretteFrench diminutive of barre bar from Old French; see bar 1.
- Take a small trial or travel size bottle of hair spray with you to tame any strands that come loose, and be sure to tuck an extra bobby pin or barrette into your purse if your style uses them.
- With a glue gun and the accessory of your choice- whether that be a headband, barrette or clip, you can create a custom piece that complements the style and hair type of your flower girls.
- When choosing ribbon, bear in mind the occasion for the barrette and coordinate colors with any planned wardrobe, such as matching the bridal party colors for a wedding.
- You can put it up for a special occasion, part the hair on either side, or pull it straight back from the face and gather it up with a decorative barrette or hair clip.
- The Bra Barrette only claims to strictly hold your bra straps in place and does not offer any added benefits like increasing cleavage or helping to improve posture.