Anthropomorphism of a mailbox.
- Anthropomorphic is defined as the act of giving the characteristics of humans to other things.
An example of something anthropomorphic are the pictures of God that depict Him with human male characteristics without indication or evidence that his appearance is that of an evolutionarily current human.
- The definition of anthropomorphic is anything that may be made to look like a human.
An example of something anthropomorphic might be a vase that is shaped like a human.
- Having the form of a person or a human being
- (of inanimate objects, animals, or other non-human entities) Given attributes of human beings.
anthropo- + -morphic
anthropomorphic - Computer Definition
Having the characteristics of a human being. For example, an anthropomorphic robot has a head, arms and legs.
- We can now consider the special attributes of the anthropomorphic God.
- Seeing that the anthropomorphic language used of the angels is similar to that used of God, the Scriptures would hardly seem to require a literal interpretation in either case.
- Of anthropomorphic representations of the gods we have no clear evidence, though we do hear of shrines in sacred enclosures, at which sacrifices were offered.
- An anthropomorphic deity, Puluga, is the cause of all things, but it is not necessary to propitiate him.
- When the deities were regarded as anthropomorphic they naturally wore clothing which, on the whole, was less subject to change of fashion and was apt to be symbolical of their attributes.