- an annotating or being annotated
- a critical or explanatory note or notes
The definition of an archaic term in the Bible, listed on the bottom of the page, is an example of an annotation.
- The act or process of furnishing critical commentary or explanatory notes.
- A critical or explanatory note; a commentary.
From Latin annotātiōnem, accusative singular of annotātiō (“remark, annotation”), from annotātus, perfect passive participle of annotō (“note down, remark”).
annotation - Computer Definition
A feature of voice mail systems that allows a message recipient to add critical or explanatory audio notes to a voice message before archiving it or forwarding it to another system user. See also voice mail.
annotation - Legal Definition
- You make your move and the move was sent through e-mail (with proper annotation) and you'd make your move on your end and so on.