The definition of advisable is something that is a good idea to do, something that you are meant to do or something that would be beneficial to do.
An example of an advisable decision is when it is raining and it becomes clear that it is better to take a taxi than to drive.
Worthy of being recommended or suggested; prudent.
- ad·vis′a·bil′i·ty ad·vis′a·ble·ness
- It is also advisable to wash all woodwork and gangways annually with a weak solution of formalin, or other inodorous germicide.
- Thomas More even found it advisable to withdraw from public life into obscurity.
- The rebuilding of the last-named was rendered advisable by the precarious condition of the structure, but stopped short in the early stages.
- In treating an actual and present attack of asthma, it is advisable to give the standardized tincture of belladonna - unless expense is no consideration, in which case atropine may itself be used - in doses of twenty minims every quarter of an hour as long as no evil effects appear.
- The distinction between heretics and schismatics was preserved because it prevented a public denial of the old principles, because it was advisable on political grounds to treat certain schismatic communities with indulgence, and because it was always possible in case of need to prove heresy against the schismatics."(Harnack's History of Dogma, ii.