The Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel in the Bahamas is renowned for its luxury and plethora of activities on site.
An example of renowned used as an adjective is the phrase world renowned hotel which means a hotel known throughout the world.
(comparative more renowned, superlative most renowned)
- He thus became renowned as a wise prince.
- They were also renowned for their magicians, who had strange remedies for various diseases.
- The oak forests for which it was renowned in Roman times have entirely disappeared.
- Fuad was renowned for his boldness and promptness of decision, as well as for his ready wit and his many bons mots.
- The gentleness for which he was already renowned was not that of a weak, but of a strong character.