Origin of misshapenME: see misshape
The definition of misshapen is formed in a bad or unusual way.
An example of misshapen is a round cookie that has a bump on the outside edge.
badly shaped; deformed
- In addition, if the nose is misshapen, especially after an accident, fall, or injury, it may be broken and will need to be evaluated by a doctor.
- Illness or trauma during infancy or early childhood, including infections, high fever, malnutrition, or disorders such as congenital syphilis or Down syndrome, can cause misshapen or discolored teeth.
- Keep in mind, however, that your baby's head could have a misshapen appearance simply because of her journey through the birth canal or because of the use of forceps to assist with the birth.
- Deformational plagiocephaly (positional molding)-A form of craniosynostosis in which the head is misshapen, the result of constant pressure to the same area of the head.
- Aim to get body branding on the most muscular parts of your body because soft, fleshy sections may cause the design to become misshapen with uneven lines.