- a person professing belief in Jesus as the Christ, or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus
- a masculine name: dim. Chris; fem. Christina, Christine
- Informal a decent, respectable person
Origin of ChristianMiddle English and Old English cristen from Ecclesiastical Late Latin Christianus from Classical Greek christianos, a Christian from christos (see Christ); mod. spelling, spelled from Classical Latin
- of Jesus Christ or his teachings
- of or professing the religion based on these teachings
- having the qualities demonstrated and taught by Jesus Christ, as love, kindness, humility, etc.
- of or representing Christians or Christianity
- Informal humane, decent, etc.