- made of wool
- of or relating to wool or woolen cloth
Origin of woolenMiddle English wullen ; from Old English
- Made or consisting of wool.
- Of or relating to the production or marketing of woolen goods.
- (US) Made of wool.
- (US) Of or relating to wool or woolen cloths.
- woolen manufactures; a woolen mill; a woolen draper
- An item of clothing made from wool
- Put all the woolens in this basket.
From Middle English wollen, wullen, from Old English wullen, wyllen (“made of wool, woollen"), from Proto-Germanic *wullÄ«naz (“woollen"), equivalent to wool +"Ž -en. Cognate with Scots wollin, wolne, wowne (“woollen"), Dutch wollen (“woollen"), German wollen (“woollen"), Danish uldne (“woollen"), Norwegian ulne (“fuzzy").