- water in rapid, violent, whirling motion caused by two meeting currents, by winds meeting tides, etc. and tending to form a circle into which floating objects are drawn; vortex or eddy of water
- anything like a whirlpool, as in violent motion
- ⌂ a bath, as used in hydrotherapy, in which an agitating device propels a current of warm water with a swirling motionin full whirlpool bath
- A rapidly rotating current of water; a vortex.
- Something, such as a situation, that is confusing or tumultuous and is easy to be drawn into or difficult to get out of: was sucked into a whirlpool of despair.
- A bathtub or pool having jets of warm water that can be directed toward a body part as for therapeutic purposes.