- a weather vane, esp. one in the traditional shape of a rooster's profile
- a fickle or changeable person or thing
- A weathervane, especially one in the form of a rooster.
- One that is very changeable or fickle.
intransitive verbweath·er·cocked, weath·er·cock·ing, weath·er·cocks
To have a tendency to veer in the direction of the wind. Used of an aircraft or a missile.
- A weather vane, sometimes in the form of a cockerel.
- (figuratively) One who veers with every change of current opinion; a fickle, inconstant person.