wardship definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the office of a guardian; guardianship; custody, as of a minor
- the condition of being a ward, or in the care of a guardian
wardship definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The state of being in the charge of a guardian.
- Custody; guardianship.
wardship - Legal Definition
- The position of guardian usually, but not necessarily, over a minor.
- The situation or condition of being a ward.