- Verisimilitude is defined as appearing, or having the appearance of, being real or true.
An example of verisimilitude is the realistic plot or images of a movie that make it seem quite realistic.
verisimilitude definition by Webster's New World
- the appearance of being true or real
- something having the mere appearance of being true or real
Origin: Classical Latin verisimilitudo ; from verisimilis: see verisimilar
verisimilitude definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The quality of appearing to be true or real. See Synonyms at truth.
- Something that has the appearance of being true or real.
Origin: Latin vērīsimilitūdō, from vērīsimilis, verisimilar; see verisimilar.
- verˌi·si·milˌi·tuˈdi·nous adjective