- Verdure is defined as the greenery of plants and trees, or the youthfulness of children.
An example of verdure is what is seen on a spring morning in the garden.
verdure definition by Webster's New World
- the fresh-green color of growing things; greenness
- green growing plants and trees; green vegetation
- vigorous or flourishing condition
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from verd, green ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form virdis, for Classical Latin viridis: see vert
- verdured adjective
verdure definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The lush greenness of flourishing vegetation.b. Vigorous greenery.
- A fresh or flourishing condition: the verdure of childhood.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from verd, green, from Latin viridis.
- verˈdur·ous adjective
- verˈdur·ous·ness noun