Verdure is defined as the greenery of plants and trees, or the youthfulness of children.
An example of verdure is what is seen on a spring morning in the garden.
- the fresh-green color of growing things; greenness
- green growing plants and trees; green vegetation
- a vigorous or flourishing condition
Origin of verdureMiddle English from Old French from verd, green from Vulgar Latin an unverified form virdis, for Classical Latin viridis: see vert
- a. The lush greenness of flourishing vegetation.b. Vigorous greenery.
- A fresh or flourishing condition: the verdure of childhood.
Origin of verdureMiddle English from Old French from verd green from Latin viridis
(countable and uncountable, plural verdures)
From Old French verdure.