An example of verdure is what is seen on a spring morning in the garden.
- the fresh-green color of growing things; greenness
- green growing plants and trees; green vegetation
- a vigorous or flourishing condition
Origin of verdureMiddle English ; from Old French ; from verd, green ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form virdis, for Classical Latin viridis: see vert
- a. The lush greenness of flourishing vegetation.b. Vigorous greenery.
- A fresh or flourishing condition: the verdure of childhood.
Origin of verdureMiddle English, from Old French, from verd, green, from Latin viridis.
(countable and uncountable, plural verdures)
From Old French verdure.