Ure is defined as the act or the result of an act.suffix
An example of ure used as a suffix is in the word "torture," which means the act of brutally abusing someone.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- act, process, or result: exposure
- agent, instrument, or scope of
- state of being ____ed: composure
- office, rank, or collective body: legislature
Origin: Fr < L -ura
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Act; process; condition: erasure.
- a. Function; office: judicature.b. Body performing a function: legislature.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin -ūra.