An example of ure used as a suffix is in the word "torture," which means the act of brutally abusing someone.
- act, process, or result: exposure
- agent, instrument, or scope of
- state of being ____ed: composure
- office, rank, or collective body: legislature
Origin of -ureFrench from Classical Latin -ura
- Act; process; condition: erasure.
- a. Function; office: judicature.b. Body performing a function: legislature.
Origin of -ureMiddle English from Old French from Latin -ūra
(third-person singular simple present ures, present participle uring, simple past and past participle ured)