- a person who believes in unionism
- a member of a labor union
- [U-] a supporter of the federal union of the U.S., esp. during the Civil War
- [usuallyU-] a supporter of the political union of Northern Ireland and Great Britain
- a. One who believes in or supports labor unions.b. A member of a labor union.
- Unionist a. One who is loyal to the United Kingdom, especially in support of its sovereignty over Northern Ireland.b. One who was loyal to the federal government of the United States during the Civil War.
(comparative more unionist, superlative most unionist)
- (sometimes capitalised) Of or pertaining to unionism
- An advocate or supporter of unionism
- A trade unionist