underfoot definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- under the foot or feet: to trample flowers underfoot
- ☆ in the way, as of one walking
underfoot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Below or under the foot or feet; against the ground: trampled the beans underfoot.
- At or under the foot or feet; on the ground: moist, cool, soft grass growing underfoot.
- Hindering progress; in the way: pets, toys, and children underfoot.