- Twilight zone is the mental state between reality and fantasy, or the lowest level of the ocean that light can penetrate.
- When you come home and your extremely messy teenager has cleaned the house from top to bottom, this is an example of a time when you might feel you are living in the twilight zone.
- An example of the twilight zone was a sci-fi TV show called "The Twilight Zone" that told stories of weird events and alternate worlds.
twilight zone definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a state of mind between reality and fantasy; dreamlike or hallucinatory state
- a vague or uncertain state or condition: a twilight zone between right and wrong
twilight zone definition by American Heritage Dictionary
An area of ambiguity between two distinct states or conditions: a twilight zone between good and evil.