The definition of tribal is relating to a group or community with similar ancestors, customs and traditions.
An example of tribal used as an adjective is the phrase "tribal traditions," which means the traditions of a group of people who have a common ancestor.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of a tribe.
(comparative more tribal, superlative most tribal)
- Tribal wars were incessant.
- Almost all trace of tribal custom has already disappeared from the law of the Code.
- She just returned from a trip to Ireland, where she got her tribal tattoo.
- The tribal organization of the Australians was based on that of the family.
- Natives enjoying tribal government were not enslaved, but nothing could exceed in ferocity the measures taken to reduce recalcitrant tribes to submission.