The definition of a trendsetter is someone or something that starts popular movements in fashion, music, etc.
An example of a trendsetter is a popular singer who starts wearing a type of hat that then becomes popular.
a person, magazine, company, etc. that creates, espouses, or popularizes a trend or trends, as in fashions or ideas
One that initiates or popularizes a trend: a trendsetter in popular music.
- The Aries man is a trendsetter that enjoys anything new and exciting, and he is more than will to try something new and cutting edge.
- Since this cosmetics company is still fairly new to the United States, using their products will make you a trendsetter amongst your friends and family.
- Wet 'n' Wild: Especially popular among teens, Wet 'n' Wild's Trendsetter club offers samples, tips and information on special events.
- Their reputation is known as one of the leading Australian swimwear brands and as an international trendsetter in swimwear fashions.
- For fashionistas on a tight budget, the Trendsetter membership is just $20 a month for great looking, stylish bags.