An example of a translator is a person who speaks French and English who attends a meeting where he listens to the French speak and then repeats what they said in English and vice versa.
- a person or machine that translates books, articles, etc. from one language into another
- a person who translates speech; interpreter
Origin of translatorMiddle English translatour ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin translator ; from L, one who transfers
- One that translates, especially:a. One employed to render written works into another language.b. A computer program or application that renders one language or data format into another.
- An interpreter.
translator - Computer Definition
- A component of a crossbar (Xbar) switch, a translator translates dialed digits into routing instructions, which it forwards to a sender in order that a call can be connected over a trunk. See also sender and Xbar.
- A device that changes the frequency or voltage of a signal without altering the baseband data or modulation.