torrential[tô ren′s̸həl, tə-]
- The definition of torrential is rapidly pouring rain or water that is flowing forcefully and rapidly.
- When it is raining so hard you can't see out your car window even with the windshield wipers going, this is an example of a torrential rain.
- When you are white water rafting and the river is flowing extremely fast and forcefully, this is an example of water that would be described as torrential.
- of, having the nature of, or produced by, a torrent
- like a torrent, as in violence or copiousness
- Resembling, flowing in, or forming torrents: torrential mountain streams; a torrential downpour.
- Resulting from the action of fast-flowing streams: torrential erosion.
- Flowing or surging abundantly; wild: torrential applause.
(comparative more torrential, superlative most torrential)
From torrent +â€Ž -ial.