- in there; in or into that place or thing
- in that matter, detail, etc.
Therein is defined as in that circumstance, place or time.
An example of therein is making a reference to a person within a certain situation; he was therein, so he knew the situation.
- In that place, time, or thing.
- In that circumstance or respect.
- And therein lay the difference.
- Within French territory; the highest elevation therein, the Vignemale, in the centre of the range, reaches 10,820 ft.
- Moreover, if anything like the needful accommodation be afforded, it will build a nest and therein lay its eggs; but it rarely succeeds in bringing up its young in confinement.
- The weakness of the NeoLamarckian view lies in its interpretation of heredity; its strength lies in its zealous study of the living world and the detection therein of proximate empirical laws, a strength shared by very many bionomical investigations, the authors of which would prefer to call themselves Darwinians, or to leave themselves without sectarian designation.
- A portrait was taken of the head of the body found therein, now in the museum of the Society of Antiquaries in Scotland.