text messagetext message
a short communication in the form of text (noun) sent or received by a portable electronic device, esp. a cell phone
A message consisting of words typed or entered on a keypad and sent electronically to a cell phone, especially from another cell phone.
(third-person singular simple present text messages, present participle text messaging, simple past and past participle text messaged)
- (intransitive) To transmit a text message.
- I told him to text message you when he's finished.
- Please text message the directions to me.
- Just text message me the information.
- Stop text messaging during class time.
- She's been text messaging all afternoon.