- Tenaciously is defined as something done with determination and toughness.
When you practiced the piano every single day to try to get better, this is an example of when you practicedtenaciously.
(comparative more tenaciously, superlative most tenaciously)
tenacious + -ly
Variant of tenacious
- holding firmly: a tenacious grip
- that retains well; retentive: a tenacious memory
- that holds together strongly; cohesive; tough: a tenacious wood
- that clings; adhesive; sticky
- persistent; stubborn: tenacious courage
Origin of tenaciousClassical Latin tenax (gen. tenacis) ; from tenere, to hold: see tenant