- The definition of a survivor is a person who copes with a bad situation or affliction and who gets through, or a person who manages to live through a situation that often causes death.
- A person who copes well with a family tragedy and remains strong is an example of a survivor.
- A person who lives through a plane crash is an example of a survivor.
- a person or thing that survives; specif., a person who has survived an ordeal or great misfortune
- a person regarded as resilient or courageous enough to be able to overcome hardship, misfortune, etc.