- too subtle, delicate, or refined; overnice: a superfine distinction
- of exceptionally fine quality: superfine glassware
- extremely fine-grained: superfine sugar
Origin of superfineMiddle English superfyne: see super- and amp; fine
- Of exceptional quality or refinement.
- Excessively delicate or refined.
- Of extra fine texture: superfine sandpaper.
(comparative more superfine, superlative most superfine)
- Extremely or especially fine.
- Some recipes call for superfine sugar because it dissolves easier.
- Of a very high or pure grade.