Variant of superficial
- of or being on the surface: a superficial burn
- of or limited to surface area; plane: superficial measurements
- concerned with and understanding only the easily apparent and obvious; not profound; shallow
- quick and cursory: a superficial reading
- seeming such only at first glance; merely apparent: a superficial resemblance
Origin: Middle English superficyall from Classical Latin superficialis from superficies: see superficies
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.